Monday, February 02, 2009

Poem for Brigid

Oh, sweet Brigid, sing in my breast
Of light and love's warm sun rays.
'Tis time we laid old maid Winter to rest
And made room for your warmer days.

Oh, sweet Brigid, weave me a spell,
That will brighten the cloud-dreary skies.
Bring my heart water from your sacred well
Fill my ears with sounds of new-born cries.

Oh, sweet Brigid, light me a fire
Cast your light that will drive out all dark.
Kindle my soul and my spirit entire
With the song of the Robin and Meadowlark.

We've waited long nights for your sweet return,
Sweet Brigid, sweet Brigid, for you we have yearned!
Yes, we've waited long nights for your sweet return,
Sweet Brigid, sweet Brigid, for you we have yearned!

1 Comments:

Blogger deborahoak said...

Thank you! Great poem!

February 02, 2009 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home